Rep: Amy Winehouse checks into treatment program
NEW YORK (AP) - May 27, 2011 (WPVI) -- A representative for Amy Winehouse says the singer has checked into a treatment program in London.
Spokesman Chris Goodman said Friday that the 27-year-old songstress wants to be sure she's ready to perform in Europe this summer.
The rep says she'll stay at the clinic on "doctors' advice." It was not clear what treatment she'll get at the Priory Clinic. It offers treatment for a range of psychiatric problems, as well as drug and alcohol addiction.
Winehouse's breakthrough disc, 2006's "Back to Black," won her five Grammy Awards and helped her achieve worldwide stardom, but her music has been overshadowed by drug use and legal run-ins.
Winehouse has not released much music since, but she performed a short tour in Brazil in January.
amy winehouse, drugs, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station