Rep: Amy Winehouse checks into treatment program
NEW YORK (AP) - May 27, 2011 (WPVI) -- A representative for Amy Winehouse says the singer has checked into a treatment program in London.
Spokesman Chris Goodman said Friday that the 27-year-old songstress wants to be sure she's ready to perform in Europe this summer.
The rep says she'll stay at the clinic on "doctors' advice." It was not clear what treatment she'll get at the Priory Clinic. It offers treatment for a range of psychiatric problems, as well as drug and alcohol addiction.
Winehouse's breakthrough disc, 2006's "Back to Black," won her five Grammy Awards and helped her achieve worldwide stardom, but her music has been overshadowed by drug use and legal run-ins.
Winehouse has not released much music since, but she performed a short tour in Brazil in January.
amy winehouse, drugs, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Ocean County forest fire fully contained
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening 30 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of New Jersey forest fires
- House gutted in South Philadelphia blaze 4 min ago
- Warning about dating apps after violent crimes
- Eye doctor, daughter post bail after pot bust
- Wedding crashers apologize to bride
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- 1 dead after motorcycle, vehicle collide in Wilmington
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening
30 min ago