Reese Witherspoon to receive MTV Generation Award
LOS ANGELES (AP) - June 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- Reese Witherspoon better make some room on her trophy shelf.
MTV says Witherspoon will receive its Generation Award at Sunday's MTV Movie Awards.
The 35-year-old Oscar winner is being recognized for her range as an actress and for delighting the MTV audience throughout her career. MTV President Stephen Friedman called Witherspoon "one of the most versatile and accomplished performers of her time."
"Saturday Night Live" star Jason Sudeikis will host Sunday's ceremony at the Gibson Amphitheater, where Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively, Steve Carell, Shia LaBeouf, Patrick Dempsey, Cameron Diaz, Selena Gomez and Nicki Minaj are among those set to present the prizes.
Fans voted online for the winners in categories such as best kiss, best villain and best line from a movie. MTV chose Witherspoon, who joins previous Generation Award winners Sandra Bullock, Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler, Mike Myers, Tom Cruise and Jim Carrey.
Sunday's show will also feature a first-look at footage from the latest "Twilight" installment, "Breaking Dawn, Part 1."
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today 15 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 1 min ago
- Police officer's SUV stolen with gun, badge
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's 10 min ago
- Video: First dog knocks down toddler at White House 9 min ago
- Fight erupts during Philly Christmas tree...
27 min ago
- Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's
10 min ago
- Mysterious, driverless car spotted on highway
9 min ago
- First dog knocks down toddler at White House
9 min ago