Reese Witherspoon to receive MTV Generation Award
LOS ANGELES (AP) - June 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- Reese Witherspoon better make some room on her trophy shelf.
MTV says Witherspoon will receive its Generation Award at Sunday's MTV Movie Awards.
The 35-year-old Oscar winner is being recognized for her range as an actress and for delighting the MTV audience throughout her career. MTV President Stephen Friedman called Witherspoon "one of the most versatile and accomplished performers of her time."
"Saturday Night Live" star Jason Sudeikis will host Sunday's ceremony at the Gibson Amphitheater, where Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively, Steve Carell, Shia LaBeouf, Patrick Dempsey, Cameron Diaz, Selena Gomez and Nicki Minaj are among those set to present the prizes.
Fans voted online for the winners in categories such as best kiss, best villain and best line from a movie. MTV chose Witherspoon, who joins previous Generation Award winners Sandra Bullock, Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler, Mike Myers, Tom Cruise and Jim Carrey.
Sunday's show will also feature a first-look at footage from the latest "Twilight" installment, "Breaking Dawn, Part 1."
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 58 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 10 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 37 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 52 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases