Amy Winehouse checks out of UK treatment center
LONDON (AP) - June 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- A representative for Amy Winehouse says the singer has checked out of a treatment program in London following a week there.
Spokesman Chris Goodman said Thursday that the 27-year-old is now looking forward to touring Europe this summer and is "raring to go."
Goodman says Winehouse will continue to be seen as an outpatient at the Priory Clinic, which offers treatment for a range of psychiatric problems, as well as drug and alcohol addiction. He did not say why Winehouse was there.
Winehouse's breakthrough disc, 2006's "Back to Black," won her five Grammy Awards and helped her achieve worldwide stardom, but her music has been overshadowed by drug use and run-ins with the law.
Goodman said Winehouse was grateful for messages of support sent by fans since she entered the clinic.
amy winehouse, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila. 8 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier