Amy Winehouse checks out of UK treatment center
LONDON (AP) - June 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- A representative for Amy Winehouse says the singer has checked out of a treatment program in London following a week there.
Spokesman Chris Goodman said Thursday that the 27-year-old is now looking forward to touring Europe this summer and is "raring to go."
Goodman says Winehouse will continue to be seen as an outpatient at the Priory Clinic, which offers treatment for a range of psychiatric problems, as well as drug and alcohol addiction. He did not say why Winehouse was there.
Winehouse's breakthrough disc, 2006's "Back to Black," won her five Grammy Awards and helped her achieve worldwide stardom, but her music has been overshadowed by drug use and run-ins with the law.
Goodman said Winehouse was grateful for messages of support sent by fans since she entered the clinic.
amy winehouse, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 56 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 3 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
56 min ago
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos