Kate Middleton's wedding dress to be displayed
LONDON - June 6, 2011 (WPVI) -- Kate Middleton's memorable wedding gown will be on display to the public this summer at Buckingham Palace.
Officials say the dress designed by Sarah Burton of the Alexander McQueen fashion house will be displayed from July 23 until Oct 3.
Royal collection officials said Monday that the veil, tiara, wedding shoes and diamond earrings Middleton, now the Duchess of Cambridge, wore on her wedding day to Prince William will be part of the special exhibit.
The wedding display will be part of a popular tour of some of the palace's state rooms offered to visitors during the summer months. The tour includes a chance to see some of the queen's formidable art collection including works by Rembrandt and Rubens.
The tour of the state room typically costs 17.50 pounds ($29).
royal wedding, england, london, prince william, kate middleton, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- AccuWeather: Enjoy the Easter sunshine! 30 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment 8 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel 20 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 58 min ago
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 49 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst 52 min ago
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Enjoy the Easter sunshine!
30 min ago