Kate Middleton's wedding dress to be displayed
LONDON - June 6, 2011 (WPVI) -- Kate Middleton's memorable wedding gown will be on display to the public this summer at Buckingham Palace.
Officials say the dress designed by Sarah Burton of the Alexander McQueen fashion house will be displayed from July 23 until Oct 3.
Royal collection officials said Monday that the veil, tiara, wedding shoes and diamond earrings Middleton, now the Duchess of Cambridge, wore on her wedding day to Prince William will be part of the special exhibit.
The wedding display will be part of a popular tour of some of the palace's state rooms offered to visitors during the summer months. The tour includes a chance to see some of the queen's formidable art collection including works by Rembrandt and Rubens.
The tour of the state room typically costs 17.50 pounds ($29).
royal wedding, england, london, prince william, kate middleton, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Record Warmth! 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book
- Record Warmth!
21 min ago