Source: Fishburne closes `CSI' case, exits series
LOS ANGELES (AP) - June 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Laurence Fishburne is closing the file on his "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" career.
The actor won't be back on the CBS crime drama this fall, according to a person with knowledge of the situation. The person spoke on condition of anonymity Tuesday because CBS had yet to announce Fishburne's departure.
Fishburne joined the "CSI" cast as Dr. Raymond Langston midway through the 2008-09 season. He stepped in to replace departing star William Petersen.
The person says CBS and the show's producers are taking Fishburne's departure in stride, aware that his movie career made a long TV tenure unlikely.
"CSI" returns for its 12th season this fall and continues to rank among the 20 top-rated shows.
Fishburne's credits include "The Matrix" films, and he's in the upcoming "Contagion" with Matt Damon.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 30 min ago
- Sunny and chilly 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 29 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 53 min ago
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 31 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
27 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
29 min ago