Source: Fishburne closes `CSI' case, exits series
LOS ANGELES (AP) - June 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Laurence Fishburne is closing the file on his "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" career.
The actor won't be back on the CBS crime drama this fall, according to a person with knowledge of the situation. The person spoke on condition of anonymity Tuesday because CBS had yet to announce Fishburne's departure.
Fishburne joined the "CSI" cast as Dr. Raymond Langston midway through the 2008-09 season. He stepped in to replace departing star William Petersen.
The person says CBS and the show's producers are taking Fishburne's departure in stride, aware that his movie career made a long TV tenure unlikely.
"CSI" returns for its 12th season this fall and continues to rank among the 20 top-rated shows.
Fishburne's credits include "The Matrix" films, and he's in the upcoming "Contagion" with Matt Damon.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ