Kirstie Alley says she's paying late Fla taxes
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - June 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- Actress Kirstie Alley says she is paying $41,000 in property taxes from last year on her Tampa-area mansion after published reports noted the delinquency.
The "Cheers" star and recent "Dancing With the Stars" runner-up called it an oversight. A spokesman released a statement Thursday saying "we were not aware of the amount owed, and her accountant never received the bill."
Pinellas County tax records showed Alley owed $41,395, including fees and interest, on the $1.73 million mansion on Clearwater Harbor that she bought in 2008. The 2010 tax bill was due April 1.
Tax office spokesman Chad McLeod confirmed that one of Alley's representatives called Thursday and promised to send a certified check.
kirstie alley, taxes, florida, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm 58 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
58 min ago