Kirstie Alley says she's paying late Fla taxes
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - June 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- Actress Kirstie Alley says she is paying $41,000 in property taxes from last year on her Tampa-area mansion after published reports noted the delinquency.
The "Cheers" star and recent "Dancing With the Stars" runner-up called it an oversight. A spokesman released a statement Thursday saying "we were not aware of the amount owed, and her accountant never received the bill."
Pinellas County tax records showed Alley owed $41,395, including fees and interest, on the $1.73 million mansion on Clearwater Harbor that she bought in 2008. The 2010 tax bill was due April 1.
Tax office spokesman Chad McLeod confirmed that one of Alley's representatives called Thursday and promised to send a certified check.
kirstie alley, taxes, florida, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1