Kirstie Alley says she's paying late Fla taxes
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - June 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- Actress Kirstie Alley says she is paying $41,000 in property taxes from last year on her Tampa-area mansion after published reports noted the delinquency.
The "Cheers" star and recent "Dancing With the Stars" runner-up called it an oversight. A spokesman released a statement Thursday saying "we were not aware of the amount owed, and her accountant never received the bill."
Pinellas County tax records showed Alley owed $41,395, including fees and interest, on the $1.73 million mansion on Clearwater Harbor that she bought in 2008. The 2010 tax bill was due April 1.
Tax office spokesman Chad McLeod confirmed that one of Alley's representatives called Thursday and promised to send a certified check.
kirstie alley, taxes, florida, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash 52 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos