Monaco's royal couple-to-be thinking baby
PARIS (AP) - June 12, 2011 (WPVI) -- Prince Albert II of Monaco and his bride-to-be Charlene Wittstock say in an interview published in France they're looking to become parents soon after they tie the knot next month.
The blond, 33-year-old South African has told France's Journal Du Dimanche weekly that "starting a family is in our plans" and "we hope to have a child soon."
Albert - a 53-year-old longtime bachelor - said in the paper's interview with the couple published Sunday that "When you talk about a baby, you are looking at me. But I won't be carrying it."
The pair are expected to take their vows in a civil marriage on the tiny Mediterranean principality known for gambling, wealth and glitterati on July 1, followed by a religious ceremony a day later in the palace courtyard.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 56 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station... 38 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire 51 min ago