Monaco's royal couple-to-be thinking baby
PARIS (AP) - June 12, 2011 (WPVI) -- Prince Albert II of Monaco and his bride-to-be Charlene Wittstock say in an interview published in France they're looking to become parents soon after they tie the knot next month.
The blond, 33-year-old South African has told France's Journal Du Dimanche weekly that "starting a family is in our plans" and "we hope to have a child soon."
Albert - a 53-year-old longtime bachelor - said in the paper's interview with the couple published Sunday that "When you talk about a baby, you are looking at me. But I won't be carrying it."
The pair are expected to take their vows in a civil marriage on the tiny Mediterranean principality known for gambling, wealth and glitterati on July 1, followed by a religious ceremony a day later in the palace courtyard.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 2 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today 38 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 43 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 40 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA 46 min ago
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 22 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
33 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos