Sexting scandal inspires Anthony Weiner doll
NEW YORK - June 14, 2011 (WPVI) -- An online action figure company has jumped on the Anthony Weiner sexting scandal bandwagon with a doll of the New York congressman in two versions: censored and uncensored.
HeroBuilders.com of Oxford, Conn., is offering the "standard" doll for $39.95 and the anatomically correct "for adults only" version for an extra $10.
Both are dressed in a gym shirt and shorts with a label that reads "Tweet This."
Weiner has acknowledged exchanging messages and photos that ranged from sexually suggestive to explicit with several women online.
Congress on Monday approved a two-week leave of absence for Weiner while he seeks treatment.
The action figure company also makes a plastic Sarah Palin, Barack and Michelle Obama and other talk-of-the-town figures.
Obama on Monday said he'd resign if he were in Weiner's shoes.
sexting, anthony weiner, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos