Schwarzenegger's mistress breaks silence
LONDON (AP) - June 14, 2011 (WPVI) -- Arnold Schwarzenegger's former housekeeper has spoken out about having a child with the ex-governor, saying her son only learned about a year ago who his father was.
In an interview with U.K.'s Hello! magazine, Mildred Baena said her son Joseph's response to the news was: "Cool!"
Schwarzenegger has split from his wife Maria Shriver amid revelations that he fathered 13-year-old Joseph with Baena, and the former housekeeper told the magazine - out Tuesday - she hopes the couple can "work things out" in time.
Baena said she wasn't initially certain Schwarzenegger was the father but started to see a resemblance in her son as Joseph grew older.
"It became more apparent as time went on," she said.
She said Shriver also grew suspicious as whispers circulated in the household over the similarities between Joseph and her boss, finally asking "point blank" if the boy was Schwarzenegger's son.
Shriver was "so strong" when she learned the truth, Baena told the magazine.
"She cried with me and told me to get off my knees," Baena said. "We held each other and I told her it wasn't Arnie's fault, that it takes two."
arnold schwarzenegger, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos