Schwarzenegger's mistress breaks silence
LONDON (AP) - June 14, 2011 (WPVI) -- Arnold Schwarzenegger's former housekeeper has spoken out about having a child with the ex-governor, saying her son only learned about a year ago who his father was.
In an interview with U.K.'s Hello! magazine, Mildred Baena said her son Joseph's response to the news was: "Cool!"
Schwarzenegger has split from his wife Maria Shriver amid revelations that he fathered 13-year-old Joseph with Baena, and the former housekeeper told the magazine - out Tuesday - she hopes the couple can "work things out" in time.
Baena said she wasn't initially certain Schwarzenegger was the father but started to see a resemblance in her son as Joseph grew older.
"It became more apparent as time went on," she said.
She said Shriver also grew suspicious as whispers circulated in the household over the similarities between Joseph and her boss, finally asking "point blank" if the boy was Schwarzenegger's son.
Shriver was "so strong" when she learned the truth, Baena told the magazine.
"She cried with me and told me to get off my knees," Baena said. "We held each other and I told her it wasn't Arnie's fault, that it takes two."
arnold schwarzenegger, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets year of free McDonald's