SuBo the musical to tour Britain and the US
LONDON - June 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- Producers say the spectacular rise to fame of singer Susan Boyle is being turned into a stage musical that will tour Britain, the U.S. and Australia.
Scottish actress Elaine C. Smith has been cast as Boyle, a shy, forty-something church volunteer from a small Scottish town who became an Internet sensation through her performance on TV show "Britain's Got Talent" in 2009.
She went on to top the British and U.S. album charts and has sold more than 14 million records.
Producer Michael Harrison said Friday Boyle's story has "all the qualities of a fairy tale, but with the added bonus of being absolutely true."
The show, "I Dreamed a Dream," is due to open in March in Newcastle, northeast England, before a six-month tour.
london, susan boyle, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days 1 min ago
- Lots of clouds, damp today 22 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident 4 min ago
- Chesco man accused of sex assault on 2 young boys
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in Hatfield robbery 2 min ago
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
1 min ago