SuBo the musical to tour Britain and the US
LONDON - June 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- Producers say the spectacular rise to fame of singer Susan Boyle is being turned into a stage musical that will tour Britain, the U.S. and Australia.
Scottish actress Elaine C. Smith has been cast as Boyle, a shy, forty-something church volunteer from a small Scottish town who became an Internet sensation through her performance on TV show "Britain's Got Talent" in 2009.
She went on to top the British and U.S. album charts and has sold more than 14 million records.
Producer Michael Harrison said Friday Boyle's story has "all the qualities of a fairy tale, but with the added bonus of being absolutely true."
The show, "I Dreamed a Dream," is due to open in March in Newcastle, northeast England, before a six-month tour.
london, susan boyle, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors 6 min ago
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila. 8 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million 29 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co. 40 min ago
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering