Alicia Vitarelli chats with Selena Gomez
PHILADELPHIA - June 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- Thousands of fans flocked to the King of Prussia Mall on Monday for their chance to meet Selena Gomez.
The young actress made a visit to the Philadelphia area to promote her new film and Action News' Alicia Vitarelli had a chance to sit down with her.
Her latest film, "Monte Carlo" is about a high school graduate from Texas who goes on a trip to Paris and is mistaken for a British heiress.
The real Selena Gomez is living the dream. She's an actress, singer, fashion designer, entrepreneur, and UNICEF goodwill ambassador.
Selena also happens to be dating global sensation Justin Bieber and her life in the public eye can take its toll. She learned that the hard way when she was hospitalized for exhaustion earlier this month.
So just how does young star learn to balance everything?
"I've been lucky. I don't like that part, I think it's intrusive but I'm ok, said Gomez.
She says her latest song, "Who Says" is an anthem for staying real, and staying positive.
"I think for me there's a lot of negativity with school, Facebook, the internet and Twitter. There's a lot of negative things around. "Who Says" came at a perfect time for me though because I can relate to the lyrics so much and it makes me feel so good to sing it ," said Gomez.
Her fans can relate as well. Nearly 7,000 of them stood in line for their chance to see Gomez in person. However only 1,000 got the lucky opportunity to have an exclusive question and answer session with the young star.
selena gomez, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 1 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad