Tracy Morgan to apologize for remarks in Nashville
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -June 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- Comedian Tracy Morgan is in Nashville, Tenn., to issue an apology to the lesbian and gay community after an anti-gay rant during his June 3 show drew fire.
Morgan was scheduled to address reporters Tuesday morning at the Nashville Convention Center after meeting with members of the audience who were offended by his comedy routine and representatives from gay advocacy groups.
The "30 Rock" actor already has issued a public apology. He met with homeless lesbian and gay youth and advocates Friday in New York City as well. Morgan agreed to the Nashville meeting at the request of Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation President Jarrett Barrios.
Morgan is not expected to take questions during the news conference.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Frost Advisory Overnight 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 13 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 20 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Warminster
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Frost Advisory Overnight
39 min ago