Arnie misses Austria - and schnitzel
VIENNA (AP) -June 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- Under fire back home in California, Arnold Schwarzenegger is rediscovering the simple, gentler pleasures of Austria, the country of his birth.
In Vienna for an environment conference, the former governor of California began his speech Tuesday in German instead of English. And he focused not on green themes but on the familiar things he misses in California - "the music of Mozart," or "a juicy wiener schnitzel."
He says he is "extremely happy to be here again." And the ex-Terminator says "I'll be back" - in the fall, to open a Schwarzenegger museum in his Austrian hometown of Thal, near Graz.
Schwarzenegger's popularity in the U.S. was nose-diving as he left office last year and has sunk even further in the wake of revelations that he fathered a child with his housekeeper.
arnold schwarzenegger, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested 36 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?