Arnie misses Austria - and schnitzel
VIENNA (AP) -June 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- Under fire back home in California, Arnold Schwarzenegger is rediscovering the simple, gentler pleasures of Austria, the country of his birth.
In Vienna for an environment conference, the former governor of California began his speech Tuesday in German instead of English. And he focused not on green themes but on the familiar things he misses in California - "the music of Mozart," or "a juicy wiener schnitzel."
He says he is "extremely happy to be here again." And the ex-Terminator says "I'll be back" - in the fall, to open a Schwarzenegger museum in his Austrian hometown of Thal, near Graz.
Schwarzenegger's popularity in the U.S. was nose-diving as he left office last year and has sunk even further in the wake of revelations that he fathered a child with his housekeeper.
arnold schwarzenegger, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- Neighbors help residents escape Trenton fire 20 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons 35 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ