John Couric, father of Katie Couric, dies at 90
ARLINGTON, Va. (AP) - June 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- John M. Couric, father of television journalist Katie Couric, has died. He was 90.
Couric's son, John M. Couric Jr., said Thursday night his father died Wednesday at Virginia Hospital Center in Arlington of complications from Parkinson's disease.
Services will be private.
The Washington Post first reported Couric's death.
The elder Couric, a Georgia native, retired in 1985 as a writer with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. He started his career as a reporter for the Atlanta Constitution and United Press before going into public relations work in 1957.
katie couric, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 1 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 46 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 54 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
46 min ago