John Couric, father of Katie Couric, dies at 90
ARLINGTON, Va. (AP) - June 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- John M. Couric, father of television journalist Katie Couric, has died. He was 90.
Couric's son, John M. Couric Jr., said Thursday night his father died Wednesday at Virginia Hospital Center in Arlington of complications from Parkinson's disease.
Services will be private.
The Washington Post first reported Couric's death.
The elder Couric, a Georgia native, retired in 1985 as a writer with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. He started his career as a reporter for the Atlanta Constitution and United Press before going into public relations work in 1957.
katie couric, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run 6 min ago
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 49 min ago
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
5 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and...
6 min ago