Stephen Colbert, Jack White cut a record together
NEW YORK (AP) - June 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- Stephen Colbert and Jack White are cutting a record together.
Colbert has featured the former White Stripe on "The Colbert Report" all week during his "rock odyssey" series, "Dr. Pepper Presents StePhest ColbChella `011 - Rock You Like a Thirst-Icane."
On Wednesday's program, White agreed to produce a song for Colbert through his record label, the Nashville-based Third Man Records.
White said he would pair Colbert with a Third Man act, the goth girl rock band Black Belles. They're to perform on the program Thursday night, and Colbert has promised to join them.
This is White's second collaboration with a late-night talk show host. Last year he released a live rockabilly album with Conan O'Brien.
stephen colbert, music, new york, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- AccuWeather: Damp and Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years
- As fireworks crackle, Beckham plays last home game
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list