Chris Brown, Lil Wayne lead BET Awards nominees
LOS ANGELES - June 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- Chris Brown will have another chance at redemption when the BET Awards are presented Sunday night.
The 21-year-old singer, whose image is still recovering from his attack on Rihanna more than two years ago, is up for a leading six awards, including best male R&B artist and video of the year.
Brown scored several hits with his latest album, F.A.M.E., but suffered a reputation setback in March when he smashed up his dressing room after an appearance on "Good Morning America."
He is set to perform on the annual awards show, where he launched his comeback last year with an emotional tribute to Michael Jackson.
Lil Wayne follows Brown with five nods. He will also perform at the ceremony, which will be broadcast live on BET from 8-11 p.m. EDT from the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles.
Kanye West, Drake and Rihanna are up for four awards each. Nicki Minaj, Bruno Mars, Trey Songz, Cee Lo Green and B.o.B also received multiple nominations. Patti LaBelle will receive the Lifetime Achievement Award and Steve Harvey will receive the Humanitarian Award at the show hosted by comedian Kevin Hart.
The Shrine will be filled with stars as Beyonce, Alicia Keys, Jill Scott and Mary J. Blige are set to perform, and Minaj, Mars, Gladys Knight and Justin Bieber will appear on stage.
Sandy Cohen can be reached at www.twitter.com/APSandy.
chris brown, lil wayne, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 25 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment 6 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back