Attorneys say Mel Gibson's divorce nearly done
LOS ANGELES (AP) - June 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- An attorney for Mel Gibson's estranged wife says the former couple has nearly finalized their divorce.
Attorney Laura Wasser told a judge Tuesday that the pair have resolved all their issues and are doing some "final polishes" on the paperwork.
Wasser says the couple should have a judgment ready by Aug. 30.
Gibson's attorney agreed with Wasser's assessment
Robyn Gibson filed for divorce in April 2009, just months before the Oscar winner's then-girlfriend gave birth to an infant daughter. He indicated in court filings that the couple separated in 2006.
No details of how the couple's assets will be divided was discussed Tuesday, and Wasser indicated those details would remain private. The former couple have seven children together, but only one who is under the age of 18.
mel gibson, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast 31 min ago
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall 13 min ago
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier