Attorneys say Mel Gibson's divorce nearly done
LOS ANGELES (AP) - June 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- An attorney for Mel Gibson's estranged wife says the former couple has nearly finalized their divorce.
Attorney Laura Wasser told a judge Tuesday that the pair have resolved all their issues and are doing some "final polishes" on the paperwork.
Wasser says the couple should have a judgment ready by Aug. 30.
Gibson's attorney agreed with Wasser's assessment
Robyn Gibson filed for divorce in April 2009, just months before the Oscar winner's then-girlfriend gave birth to an infant daughter. He indicated in court filings that the couple separated in 2006.
No details of how the couple's assets will be divided was discussed Tuesday, and Wasser indicated those details would remain private. The former couple have seven children together, but only one who is under the age of 18.
mel gibson, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment 33 min ago
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 6 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel 31 min ago
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser 32 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
29 min ago
- Firefighters rescue puppy from sewer drain
28 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
33 min ago
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police...
32 min ago