Attorneys say Mel Gibson's divorce nearly done
LOS ANGELES (AP) - June 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- An attorney for Mel Gibson's estranged wife says the former couple has nearly finalized their divorce.
Attorney Laura Wasser told a judge Tuesday that the pair have resolved all their issues and are doing some "final polishes" on the paperwork.
Wasser says the couple should have a judgment ready by Aug. 30.
Gibson's attorney agreed with Wasser's assessment
Robyn Gibson filed for divorce in April 2009, just months before the Oscar winner's then-girlfriend gave birth to an infant daughter. He indicated in court filings that the couple separated in 2006.
No details of how the couple's assets will be divided was discussed Tuesday, and Wasser indicated those details would remain private. The former couple have seven children together, but only one who is under the age of 18.
mel gibson, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 21 min ago
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Ramsey speaks on police involved deadly shootings 16 min ago
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa. 18 min ago
- Baby, man injured in SEPTA bus accident
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina 14 min ago
- Bus co. mistake disrupts kids' DC field trip
- Student and teacher shocked at Voorhees school
- 2 arrested for stealing tractor in Franklin Township
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping 41 min ago
- SEPTA announces fare hikes
- Down At The Shore 32 min ago
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
18 min ago
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
41 min ago