Anthony verdict leads to highest HLN ratings ever
NEW YORK (AP) - July 6, 2011 (WPVI) -- The HLN network reached its biggest audience ever when the verdict in the Casey Anthony murder trial was announced.
The Nielsen Co. said 4.58 million people were watching HLN between 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. EDT Tuesday. That's the largest audience that HLN has gathered since it began in 1982 as CNN Headline News.
In prime-time, the network had an average of 2.12 million people, its biggest audience since Sept. 11, 2001. Nielsen said Wednesday that Nancy Grace's prime-time show reached 2.9 million people, its largest audience ever.
Grace, who is convinced Anthony killed her daughter Caylee and reacted with disgust to the acquittal, has spent hours on the case since the 2-year-old girl went missing. HLN aired the Anthony trial, seeing its ratings soar in June.
orlando, casey anthony, florida, trial, homicide, child death, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Firefighters rescue 3 children from Southwest Philadelphia house fire 10 min ago
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos