Anthony verdict leads to highest HLN ratings ever
NEW YORK (AP) - July 6, 2011 (WPVI) -- The HLN network reached its biggest audience ever when the verdict in the Casey Anthony murder trial was announced.
The Nielsen Co. said 4.58 million people were watching HLN between 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. EDT Tuesday. That's the largest audience that HLN has gathered since it began in 1982 as CNN Headline News.
In prime-time, the network had an average of 2.12 million people, its biggest audience since Sept. 11, 2001. Nielsen said Wednesday that Nancy Grace's prime-time show reached 2.9 million people, its largest audience ever.
Grace, who is convinced Anthony killed her daughter Caylee and reacted with disgust to the acquittal, has spent hours on the case since the 2-year-old girl went missing. HLN aired the Anthony trial, seeing its ratings soar in June.
orlando, casey anthony, florida, trial, homicide, child death, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J. 30 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos 26 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Photos: Top Holiday Tech Gifts 2013!
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in...
26 min ago
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in...
30 min ago