Katy Perry postpones Chicago, St. Paul concerts
MILWAUKEE - July 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Katy Perry has postponed concerts in St. Paul, Minn., and the Chicago area because she's suffering from food poisoning.
A statement released by her publicist says the Friday show at Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Ill., has been rescheduled to Aug. 21 and her Saturday show at St. Paul's Xcel Energy Center is now set for Aug. 23.
The statement says the food poisoning led to severe dehydration. She performed ill at Summerfest in Milwaukee Thursday.
John Boler, vice president of sales and marketing at Summerfest, says Perry wasn't feeling well when she arrived. He says a doctor attended to her during the day and the performance.
He says she performed beautifully despite being sick.
Perry apologized but said she plans to give fans the best show ever when she returns.
wisconsin, katy perry, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk 51 min ago
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Man shot, killed on Kensington street 52 min ago
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- South Street area restaurants damaged, burglarized
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)