Arrest in break-in at NYC's Ed Sullivan Theater
NEW YORK (AP) - July 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities say they have arrested a man on charges of burglary and criminal mischief in connection with a break-in at the New York City theater where David Letterman tapes his television show.
Police responded to a 911 call of a burglary at the historic Ed Sullivan Theater on Broadway around 7 a.m. Sunday. They took 22-year-old James Whittemore into custody. A number for Whittemore, of Upper Manhattan, could not be located.
A metal bar on the eight-panel glass doors at the entrance to the midtown Manhattan theater had been pried open. The glass on four of the panels was then smashed, and stanchions attached to ropes overturned inside the lobby.
CBS and Worldwide Pants said the show's set was undamaged and that the show would be taping as usual on Monday.
new york, david letterman, burglary, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking snow for Monday 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 19 min ago
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- AccuWeather: Tracking snow for Monday
1 min ago