Arrest in break-in at NYC's Ed Sullivan Theater
NEW YORK (AP) - July 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities say they have arrested a man on charges of burglary and criminal mischief in connection with a break-in at the New York City theater where David Letterman tapes his television show.
Police responded to a 911 call of a burglary at the historic Ed Sullivan Theater on Broadway around 7 a.m. Sunday. They took 22-year-old James Whittemore into custody. A number for Whittemore, of Upper Manhattan, could not be located.
A metal bar on the eight-panel glass doors at the entrance to the midtown Manhattan theater had been pried open. The glass on four of the panels was then smashed, and stanchions attached to ropes overturned inside the lobby.
CBS and Worldwide Pants said the show's set was undamaged and that the show would be taping as usual on Monday.
new york, david letterman, burglary, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding 37 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 57 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
57 min ago