Foxy Brown trial scheduled to begin in NYC
NEW YORK (AP) - July 12, 2011 (WPVI) -- Charges that rapper Foxy Brown violated a court order by mooning her neighbor have been dropped.
State Supreme Court Justice John Walsh dismissed the case Tuesday.
Brown's real name is Inga Marchand. She's pleaded not guilty to criminal contempt.
Prosecutors say Brown violated the order in July 2010 by screaming at neighbor Arlene Raymond before bending over and baring her buttocks while shouting an obscenity.
The 31-year-old Brown was issued the order of protection after pleading guilty in 2008 to menacing Raymond with her cell phone.
The two had been in a dispute over Brown blasting her car stereo outside their Brooklyn building.
The Brooklyn-based rapper was a teenager when she broke onto the rap scene as a protege of Jay-Z. More recently she's made headlines for her legal problems.
new york city, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ