Foxy Brown trial scheduled to begin in NYC
NEW YORK (AP) - July 12, 2011 (WPVI) -- Charges that rapper Foxy Brown violated a court order by mooning her neighbor have been dropped.
State Supreme Court Justice John Walsh dismissed the case Tuesday.
Brown's real name is Inga Marchand. She's pleaded not guilty to criminal contempt.
Prosecutors say Brown violated the order in July 2010 by screaming at neighbor Arlene Raymond before bending over and baring her buttocks while shouting an obscenity.
The 31-year-old Brown was issued the order of protection after pleading guilty in 2008 to menacing Raymond with her cell phone.
The two had been in a dispute over Brown blasting her car stereo outside their Brooklyn building.
The Brooklyn-based rapper was a teenager when she broke onto the rap scene as a protege of Jay-Z. More recently she's made headlines for her legal problems.
new york city, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 3 children rescued from Southwest Phila. house fire
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- Fire forces evacuation of N. Phila. high-rise apt.
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Cold start to 1st summer after Sandy at Jersey Shore
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos