Tiger Woods' gets bio treatment in comic book
PHILADELPHIA (AP) -July 13, 2011 (WPVI) -- Golfer Tiger Woods is the latest celebrity and athlete to get his own unauthorized biography in a comic book.
Publisher Bluewater Productions Inc. said Tuesday that it will release its one-shot issue "Fame: Tiger Woods" on Wednesday in book stores, comic book shops and online, as it expands its already burgeoning line of biography comics that have profiled people from politics to music to film.
Written by C.W. Cooke and illustrated by Marcelo Salaza, the 32-page issue is part of the Vancouver, Wash.-based company's look at celebrity culture and how those in it rise from obscurity to notoriety and deal with life in the public eye.
"Tiger Woods is, in most respects, the most famous golfer of all time. He may have had some recent troubles, but his life is one filled with very interesting tidbits," said Jason Schultz, Bluewater's executive vice president.
Woods, 35, was the former world No. 1, but recently tumbled to No. 17, his lowest spot in 14 years.
tiger woods, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police