Tiger Woods' gets bio treatment in comic book
PHILADELPHIA (AP) -July 13, 2011 (WPVI) -- Golfer Tiger Woods is the latest celebrity and athlete to get his own unauthorized biography in a comic book.
Publisher Bluewater Productions Inc. said Tuesday that it will release its one-shot issue "Fame: Tiger Woods" on Wednesday in book stores, comic book shops and online, as it expands its already burgeoning line of biography comics that have profiled people from politics to music to film.
Written by C.W. Cooke and illustrated by Marcelo Salaza, the 32-page issue is part of the Vancouver, Wash.-based company's look at celebrity culture and how those in it rise from obscurity to notoriety and deal with life in the public eye.
"Tiger Woods is, in most respects, the most famous golfer of all time. He may have had some recent troubles, but his life is one filled with very interesting tidbits," said Jason Schultz, Bluewater's executive vice president.
Woods, 35, was the former world No. 1, but recently tumbled to No. 17, his lowest spot in 14 years.
tiger woods, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos