Emma Watson: I'll return to Brown next year
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - July 19, 2011 (WPVI) -- "Harry Potter" star Emma Watson says she plans to return to Brown University to complete her degree.
The British actress who plays Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter" series tells The Virginian-Pilot that she remains enrolled at Brown even though she'll study at England's Oxford University in the fall.
She says intends to return to Providence in 2012 to complete her studies at the Ivy League school.
The 21-year-old Watson left Brown earlier this year, saying she wanted to devote her time to the final "Harry Potter" film and other acting opportunities.
The final chapter in the series premiered last week, setting box office records. It took in an estimated $168.6 million domestically from Friday to Sunday. That beats the previous best opening weekend of $158.4 million for 2008's Batman blockbuster "The Dark Knight."
college, harry potter, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Video captures Laundromat robbery 8 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee 32 min ago
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 44 min ago
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 40 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks...
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos