'Hangover' star Cooper to star in 'Paradise Lost'
SYDNEY - July 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- "The Hangover" star Bradley Cooper will appear as Lucifer in a movie version of the classic poem "Paradise Lost" to be filmed in Sydney.
The government of New South Wales, where Sydney is located, announced Wednesday that the movie will be directed by Australian Alex Proyas, who also directed "I, Robot" starring Will Smith and "Knowing" with Nicholas Cage.
Paradise Lost, an epic poem in blank verse by the 17th century English poet John Milton, will be shot predominantly at Sydney's Fox Studios, and is targeted for release in 2013, said New South Wales Acting Premier Andrew Stoner.
He said the production was lured to Sydney with financial incentives from the state government, beating competition from rival locations in the United States and Canada.
"Had we not done this it would have been opportunity lost, not 'Paradise Lost,"' he said.
"Paradise Lost" tells the story of Satan tempting Adam and Eve, and their expulsion from the Garden of Eden. The character of Satan is the focus of the plot.
australia, bradley cooper, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 25 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser 8 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
25 min ago