'Hangover' star Cooper to star in 'Paradise Lost'
SYDNEY - July 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- "The Hangover" star Bradley Cooper will appear as Lucifer in a movie version of the classic poem "Paradise Lost" to be filmed in Sydney.
The government of New South Wales, where Sydney is located, announced Wednesday that the movie will be directed by Australian Alex Proyas, who also directed "I, Robot" starring Will Smith and "Knowing" with Nicholas Cage.
Paradise Lost, an epic poem in blank verse by the 17th century English poet John Milton, will be shot predominantly at Sydney's Fox Studios, and is targeted for release in 2013, said New South Wales Acting Premier Andrew Stoner.
He said the production was lured to Sydney with financial incentives from the state government, beating competition from rival locations in the United States and Canada.
"Had we not done this it would have been opportunity lost, not 'Paradise Lost,"' he said.
"Paradise Lost" tells the story of Satan tempting Adam and Eve, and their expulsion from the Garden of Eden. The character of Satan is the focus of the plot.
australia, bradley cooper, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 39 min ago
- Wet to Wintry 11 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela 52 min ago
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings 20 min ago
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News 32 min ago
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home 30 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Police raid alleged chop shop in South Philadelphia 31 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
39 min ago
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen...
30 min ago