Chris Brown to star in romantic comedy
NEW YORK (AP) - July 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- It would have seemed improbable two years ago, but Chris Brown is coming to a theater near you in a romantic comedy.
The singer and actor will star alongside Steve Harvey, Gabrielle Union, Oscar-nominee Taraji P. Henson and Michael Ealy in "Think Like A Man." It's an adaptation of Harvey's best-selling book advice book for women, "Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man."
The casting is another sign of Brown's remarkable comeback since his 2009 attack on girlfriend Rihanna, for which he pleaded guilty to assault. His album "F.A.M.E" has gone gold, and last week a record crowd of 18,000 fans showed up to see him perform on the "Today" show.
Brown has acted in other movies, including "Takers" and "Stomp the Yard."
Filming has begun in Los Angeles, and the movie is due out April 6
chris brown, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Obama heading to South Africa
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot 1 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being...
1 min ago