Bam Margera injured, tweets from hospital
PHILADELPHIA - July 27, 2011 (WPVI) -- Reality star and West Chester resident Bam Margera is hospitalized after an accident, according to his Twitter account.
Margera, best known for starring in MTV shows 'Jackass' and 'Viva La Bam,' began tweeting about his hospital ordeal at 10:51 a.m.
Margera wrote, "Hospital radness, bam bam may have broke ribs and arm from tackling the neighbor last night!"
At 11:37 a.m., Margera tweeted the extent of some of his injuries: "Just as I thought, 3 broken ribs, still finding out about the elbow."
Celebrity gossip website TMZ is reporting that Margera was racing his neighbor up a set of stairs.
Margera apparently told the website that he promised his friend he could have Bam's skateboard if the neighbor won the race.
"Somehow I wound up tumbling down the stairs," Margera told TMZ.
As the day progressed, it appeared Margera was in good spirits after being released from the hospital. He would go on to tweet about getting a tattoo.
It was a little over a month ago, when Margera's fellow 'Jackass' cast member Ryan Dunn, along with friend Zachary Hartwell, died in a crash on Route 322 in West Goshen Township.
bam margera, west chester, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Snow Arriving 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm causes multiple accidents, delays at airport 2 min ago
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps 8 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's wintry mix 47 min ago
- Video: Eagles fan tailgate in the snow 46 min ago
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- East Oak Lane apartment fire under control
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
- Snow Arriving
36 min ago