Document: 'Late Show' theater suspect had 12 beers
NEW YORK (AP) - August 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- A court document says a man charged with smashing glass doors and breaking into the New York City theater where David Letterman tapes his television show told police he'd had at least a dozen beers and several shots and didn't remember much about what happened.
James Whittemore pleaded not guilty Thursday to charges including burglary.
The 22-year-old is accused of using a metal pole to break several of the Ed Sullivan Theater's glass doors and damaging items inside early on July 10. The set of Letterman's "Late Show" wasn't harmed.
A court document filed Thursday says Whittemore told police he had a fuzzy memory of the last of several bars he visited and then he remembered being on the Manhattan theater's floor. The document says he called the incident "embarrassing."
david letterman, new york, burglary, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 1 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 46 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 54 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
46 min ago