Muhammad Ali writes letter to people of Norway
August 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- Muhammad Ali has expressed his sadness about the bombing and massacre in Norway.
In a letter to the people of Norway written under his name, the boxing great says his "heart goes out to each of you as you deal with the unimaginable grief of your loss."
Ali wrote that no one should fear multiculturalism. The man who confessed to the massacre says the attacks were part of a plan to purge Europe of Muslims.
Ali is a Muslim. He says those who commit such acts "fail to understand that we share far more with our fellow beings than those aspects that set us apart."
Ali suffers from Parkinson's syndrome. His spokesman says the former heavyweight champion communicated his thoughts in the letter to his wife.
norway, muhammad ali, entertainment
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 13 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 37 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 57 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ