'Jeopardy!' burglary suspect pleads not guilty
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - August 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- The San Francisco woman charged with breaking into the hotel room of "Jeopardy!" host Alex Trebek has pleaded not guilty to felony charges of burglary and possession of stolen property.
Lucinda Moyers entered her plea Monday in San Francisco Superior Court. The judge kept the 56-year-old's bail at $625,000. She is scheduled back in court on Aug. 15 to set a preliminary hearing date.
Authorities say Moyers stole cash, a bracelet and other items from the San Francisco hotel room on July 26 where Trebek was staying with his wife, Jean. All of the items except the cash and bracelet were recovered.
Trebek says he chased Moyers out of his room at the Marriot Marquis. He ruptured his Achilles tendon and is currently on crutches.
jeopardy, alex trebek, burglary, san francisco, california, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Pa. Trooper's wife hit by accidental gun discharge 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 19 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity 9 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more