Sheen withdraws lawsuit over NY hotel incident
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (AP) -August 3, 2011 (WPVI) -- Court records show a judge has granted Charlie Sheen's request to dismiss a lawsuit filed against a woman who locked herself in the bathroom of an upscale New York hotel room that the actor left in tatters.
Sheen claimed Capri Anderson locked herself in the bathroom of the Plaza Hotel because she had taken one of his watches valued at $165,000. His lawsuit sought reimbursement.
Anderson told police the actor put his hands around her throat during the raucous evening in late October, but she managed to slip away.
Sheen sued Anderson for attempted extortion in November after she recounted her version of events on "Good Morning America."
Court records show Sheen's attorney were granted a dismissal of the case without prejudice on Friday, which means the actor could re-file.
charlie sheen, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Recent prostitution arrests in Philadelphia
- Clouds to sun, cool today 42 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 28 min ago
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident 49 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter 57 min ago
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in...
53 min ago
- Firefighters battle 3-alarm blaze in...
50 min ago