Salon famous for Palin's up-do gets reality show
WASILLA, Alaska (AP) - August 3, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Alaska hair salon made famous for Sarah Palin's up-do is getting the reality show treatment in a two-part series to be aired in September on TLC.
That's the same cable network that aired "Sarah Palin's Alaska," an eight-part docu-series on the former Alaska governor, 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee and possible presidential candidate.
TLC spokeswoman Laurie Goldberg declined to identify the salon in "Big Hair Alaska." But a hairdresser in Palin's hometown of Wasilla says the salon to be featured in the show is the Beehive Beauty Shop.
Mariah Hopper, a hairdresser at the Beehive, says she's not authorized to say whether Palin still frequents the salon.
Shop proprietor Jessica Steele, longtime keeper of Palin's hair, could not immediately be reached for comment Tuesday.
sarah palin, alaska, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ