Salon famous for Palin's up-do gets reality show
WASILLA, Alaska (AP) - August 3, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Alaska hair salon made famous for Sarah Palin's up-do is getting the reality show treatment in a two-part series to be aired in September on TLC.
That's the same cable network that aired "Sarah Palin's Alaska," an eight-part docu-series on the former Alaska governor, 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee and possible presidential candidate.
TLC spokeswoman Laurie Goldberg declined to identify the salon in "Big Hair Alaska." But a hairdresser in Palin's hometown of Wasilla says the salon to be featured in the show is the Beehive Beauty Shop.
Mariah Hopper, a hairdresser at the Beehive, says she's not authorized to say whether Palin still frequents the salon.
Shop proprietor Jessica Steele, longtime keeper of Palin's hair, could not immediately be reached for comment Tuesday.
sarah palin, alaska, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking 27 min ago
- Record Warmth! 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall...
27 min ago
- Record Warmth!
12 min ago