Lil Wayne sued for $15 million over 'Bedrock'
NEW YORK (AP) - August 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- Rapper Lil Wayne faces a $15 million legal battle over allegations he stole the hit song "Bedrock."
Georgia-based production company Done Deal Enterprises is suing Wayne, Universal Music Group, Cash Money Records and Young Money Entertainment for copyright infringement.
Lawyers for the rapper and representatives for Universal Music didn't return a request for comment Thursday. Lil Wayne has been ordered to appear in court Oct. 12.
The song, which featured appearances by Drake, Nicki Minaj and Lloyd, peaked at No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 and was on the compilation 2010 CD "We Are Young Money."
The lawsuit, filed Friday in the Southern District court, is the latest legal woe facing the rapper, born Dwayne Carter Jr. He also has been sued by several producers over unpaid royalties.
lil wayne, lawsuit, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 34 min ago
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 22 min ago
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party 29 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 35 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos