Schwarzenegger inches back after child disclosure
LOS ANGELES (AP) -August 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- Arnold Schwarzenegger is making a comeback.
The former California governor is scheduled to give a speech in Los Angeles Thursday in another sign he's getting back into the public eye after confirming he fathered an out-of-wedlock son with a former housekeeper.
Schwarzenegger mostly dropped out of sight since a split with Maria Shriver that was announced in May. Shriver filed for divorce last month, citing irreconcilable differences.
He has said he's been focusing on family issues.
Schwarzenegger traveled to Europe in June and was in Texas last week, but the speech will be his first significant event in the U.S. since disclosures about his now-teenage son.
He's planning to give a speech to a business group in downtown.
arnold schwarzenegger, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death 43 min ago
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos