Schwarzenegger inches back after child disclosure
LOS ANGELES (AP) -August 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- Arnold Schwarzenegger is making a comeback.
The former California governor is scheduled to give a speech in Los Angeles Thursday in another sign he's getting back into the public eye after confirming he fathered an out-of-wedlock son with a former housekeeper.
Schwarzenegger mostly dropped out of sight since a split with Maria Shriver that was announced in May. Shriver filed for divorce last month, citing irreconcilable differences.
He has said he's been focusing on family issues.
Schwarzenegger traveled to Europe in June and was in Texas last week, but the speech will be his first significant event in the U.S. since disclosures about his now-teenage son.
He's planning to give a speech to a business group in downtown.
arnold schwarzenegger, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 41 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia