Alec Baldwin eyes NYC mayor office, but after 2013
NEW YORK - August 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- Alec Baldwin says he's thinking of running for mayor of New York, but not until he learns more about the job.
The "30 Rock" actor tells The New York Times (http://nyti.ms/mSAkvB ) he'll sit out the 2013 race but will consider running in a later election.
In a wide-ranging interview, the 53-year-old says he's talking with two universities about enrolling in a master's program in politics and government. He says he wants to better understand what the fiscal imperatives of the mayor's job are.
He says running in 2013 is impossible because he's obligated to complete the current season of "30 Rock."
Baldwin says he plans to establish a permanent city residence before running. His legal residence is Amagansett, Long Island. He has owned a Manhattan apartment for two decades.
new york city, alec baldwin, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed