Source: Next year last for `Desperate Housewives'
LOS ANGELES (AP) - August 5, 2011 (WPVI) -- The "Desperate Housewives" of Wisteria Lane might want to get their affairs in order.
According to a person familiar with ABC's plans for the drama, next season will be its last. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the network and producers hadn't authorized public comment.
ABC, which is scheduled to discuss its fall schedule at a news conference Sunday, declined comment.
"Desperate Housewives," a glossy prime-time soap opera with an ensemble cast including Terri Hatcher and Eva Longoria, made a pop-culture and ratings splash when it premiered in 2004 but has seen its audience dwindle. There's been off-screen drama as well, with former cast member Nicolette Sheridan suing over her departure.
Its creator, Marc Cherry, isn't returning to produce next season's episodes of "Desperate Housewives."
desperate housewives, abc, los angeles, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
- Winds Ease Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests