Source: Next year last for `Desperate Housewives'
LOS ANGELES (AP) - August 5, 2011 (WPVI) -- The "Desperate Housewives" of Wisteria Lane might want to get their affairs in order.
According to a person familiar with ABC's plans for the drama, next season will be its last. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the network and producers hadn't authorized public comment.
ABC, which is scheduled to discuss its fall schedule at a news conference Sunday, declined comment.
"Desperate Housewives," a glossy prime-time soap opera with an ensemble cast including Terri Hatcher and Eva Longoria, made a pop-culture and ratings splash when it premiered in 2004 but has seen its audience dwindle. There's been off-screen drama as well, with former cast member Nicolette Sheridan suing over her departure.
Its creator, Marc Cherry, isn't returning to produce next season's episodes of "Desperate Housewives."
desperate housewives, abc, los angeles, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 30 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos