Carole Simpson visits Action News
PHILADELPHIA, Pa.- August 6, 2011 (WPVI) -- The National Association of Black Journalists convention is meeting here in Philadelphia this weekend.
Former ABC news anchor Carole Simpson paid a visit to action news yesterday.
Simpson had a long, distinguished career in both radio and TV news.
She has just released her new memoir called, appropriately, "News Lady."
It chronicles her struggles in the media industry as a woman, and a minority.
Simpson overcame those obstacles with grace and became a pioneer and a hero to many women who are trying to compete in a male driven environment.
Simpson is retired from the news business now, but says she keeps one foot firmly planted in the door.
She now teaches journalism at Emerson College in Boston.
Simpson says, "Determination and perseverance go a long way in reaching your dreams."
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Steamy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Hats get women ejected from King of Prussia Mall
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Young and Howard lift Phillies over Marlins
- Video: Philly's new skateboard park opens
- Kellie Pickler named new DWTS champ