Gavin DeGraw home from hospital after NYC beating
NEW YORK (AP) - August 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- Singer-songwriter Gavin DeGraw has been released from a New York City hospital after an attack that left him with a broken nose, a concussion and other injuries.
DeGraw tweeted Tuesday afternoon that he didn't remember much of Sunday's beating. Police say DeGraw was attacked by a group of men in the East Village. No arrests have been made yet.
A representative says the 34-year-old DeGraw also suffered black eyes, cuts and bruises.
DeGraw canceled concerts this week in upstate New York and Massachusetts after the assault.
On Twitter, DeGraw thanked fans and said: "I only know I can recover from here. ... I love u guys."
DeGraw's new album, "Sweeter," due out in September. His top hits include "Chariot" and "I Don't Want to Be."
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 53 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead 50 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 54 min ago
- South Jersey business burglar caught on camera 52 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 48 min ago
- Officials: Valentine's Day pileup on Pa. Turnpike exposed gaps 6 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures