Gavin DeGraw home from hospital after NYC beating
NEW YORK (AP) - August 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- Singer-songwriter Gavin DeGraw has been released from a New York City hospital after an attack that left him with a broken nose, a concussion and other injuries.
DeGraw tweeted Tuesday afternoon that he didn't remember much of Sunday's beating. Police say DeGraw was attacked by a group of men in the East Village. No arrests have been made yet.
A representative says the 34-year-old DeGraw also suffered black eyes, cuts and bruises.
DeGraw canceled concerts this week in upstate New York and Massachusetts after the assault.
On Twitter, DeGraw thanked fans and said: "I only know I can recover from here. ... I love u guys."
DeGraw's new album, "Sweeter," due out in September. His top hits include "Chariot" and "I Don't Want to Be."
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ 30 min ago
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks in Center City
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos