Anne Hathaway, 30 next year, fearless about aging
NEW YORK (AP) -August 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- Anne Hathaway is one Hollywood star who's wearing her age like a badge of honor.
"I find the passing of time very liberating," says the actress, who turns 29 in November. "I feel more confident every, well not every single day, but most days I feel better than I did the day before, and that's a good thing."
Hathaway hit the red carpet in New York on Monday night, sparkling in a gold and black Alexander McQueen dress, to premiere her latest romantic drama, "One Day." She said she feels a sense of freedom about approaching 30.
"For every generation where traditional rules don't apply, you don't have to have things figured out by 22 and have four kids by the time you're 30," said Hathaway, who's single but dating and has no children. "We have a lot more time to figure out who we are."
Case in point, Hathaway says: Meryl Streep, the 62-year-old Oscar winner.
"We have pioneers that show us there's no reason to be afraid, and I just think fear (of aging) is something that we perpetuate," Hathaway said. "Who needs it?"
"One Day," based on the best-selling novel by David Nicholls, follows the romantic journey of two best friends over 20 years. The film, opening Aug. 19, also stars British actor Jim Sturgess.
anne hathaway, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders 34 min ago
- Clouds, some sun, mild today 12 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 14 min ago
- Attack in Washington Square caught on camera 22 min ago
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender 33 min ago
- Toys for Tots: Woman on video was volunteer
- Man critically injured in hit-and-run in SW Philly
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote
- Co-host of HGTV show killed in motorcycle crash
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion