Philly rapper Beanie Sigel admits not filing taxes
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - August 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia rapper Beanie Sigel could face another prison stint after admitting he didn't file or pay taxes from 2003 through 2005.
The 37-year-old Sigel entered his plea Tuesday in federal court in Philadelphia.
U.S. prosecutors say he owes about $350,000 on $1 million of unreported income. But defense lawyer Fortunato Perri Jr. plans to challenge those calculations.
Sigel faces up to three years in prison at his Nov. 18 sentencing.
The rapper, born Dwight Grant, has served time on drug and weapons charges, and for prescription drug use while on federal probation.
But he has also led anti-violence rallies in hometown Philadelphia, and spoken to high school students about life choices.
Sigel's albums include "The Truth," "The B. Coming" and "The Solution."
pennsylvania, philadelphia, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 25-year-old man shot dead in North Philadelphia
- Teen shot multiple times in Feltonville
- Pa. primary will settle municipal, judicial, races 24 min ago
- NJ ex-priest arrested after working with kids 1 min ago
- Camera captures man stealing tractor 1 min ago
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder