Abercrombie asks 'The Situation' to shop elsewhere
NEW ALBANY, Ohio - August 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- A clothing company is offering money to Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino and his fellow "Jersey Shore" cast members - so they'll stop wearing the brand on the show.
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. says in a news release posted Tuesday that it's concerned that having Sorrentino seen in its clothing could cause "significant damage" to the company's image.
Abercrombie says a connection to The Situation goes against the "aspirational nature" of its brand and may be "distressing" to customers. The Ohio-based retailer says it has offered a "substantial payment" to Sorrentino and producers of the MTV show so he'll wear something else.
The company says it also is making the offer to others in the hard-partying cast.
An MTV spokeswoman did not immediately return messages for comment on Wednesday.
mike the situation sorrentino, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Mostly cloudy, humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion
- Victim ID'd in Deptford Township arson
- Penn State penalities from Sandusky case argued 30 min ago
- Housekeeper sentenced for Ben Franklin bust theft
- $1 million Powerball ticket sold in North Wales, Pa.
- 51-year-old man shot and killed in Kensington
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Sea Lion Worried About Little Girl
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos