Katy Perry ties Jackson record on Billboard
NEW YORK - August 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- When Katy Perry first came on the scene, some dismissed her as a one-hit wonder. Three years later, she's proven she's a multi-hit wonder, becoming the first woman to score five No. 1 songs from one album on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
Her "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)" set the precedent: It's the latest No. 1 from her platinum album "Teenage Dream." Only Michael Jackson had five No. 1s from one album before Perry, from "Bad."
But Jackson spent a total of seven weeks at the top with his "Bad" songs; Perry has been at the top perch now for a cumulative 18 weeks.
Perry's first major hit was the song "I Kissed a Girl" in 2008.
katy perry, michael jackson, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 winners in $636M Mega Millions drawing 42 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 55 min ago
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester 10 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem 8 min ago
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Water main break causes river of ice in...
55 min ago