Paris Hilton opens new handbag store in Manila
MANILA, Philippines (AP) - August 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- Paris Hilton has opened a new handbag store in a Manila mall.
Hundreds of star-struck fans, local celebrities and journalists jostled to see her Thursday, cameras ready. Wild cheers erupted when Hilton told the crowd "I love you" in the local Tagalog language. She said she'll miss Manila and plans to be back soon to open a resort-inspired residential project.
"I will be back very soon 'coz I love it here," she said. "I've had the best time."
She signed bags bought from the Paris Hilton Handbags and Accessories store at the SM Megamall, her fourth shop in the country. She also posed for pictures with fans before rushing to catch a flight to Los Angeles.
A male fan who brought a portrait he made of Hilton got a kiss, much to his thrill.
The heiress-turned-TV star reportedly lost two mobile devices on her flight to the Philippines. She told The Associated Press the phones have not been found.
In 2005, hackers gained access to Hilton's Sidekick cellphone and famously splashed the private mobile numbers of her celebrity friends online.
The latest loss apparently didn't leave Hilton cut off - she has been constantly tweeting since she arrived Sunday.
philippines, paris hilton, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations 30 min ago
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays
- Video: Downed power line in Lower Merion
- Video: Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions
- Obama heading to South Africa
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally