Paris Hilton opens new handbag store in Manila
MANILA, Philippines (AP) - August 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- Paris Hilton has opened a new handbag store in a Manila mall.
Hundreds of star-struck fans, local celebrities and journalists jostled to see her Thursday, cameras ready. Wild cheers erupted when Hilton told the crowd "I love you" in the local Tagalog language. She said she'll miss Manila and plans to be back soon to open a resort-inspired residential project.
"I will be back very soon 'coz I love it here," she said. "I've had the best time."
She signed bags bought from the Paris Hilton Handbags and Accessories store at the SM Megamall, her fourth shop in the country. She also posed for pictures with fans before rushing to catch a flight to Los Angeles.
A male fan who brought a portrait he made of Hilton got a kiss, much to his thrill.
The heiress-turned-TV star reportedly lost two mobile devices on her flight to the Philippines. She told The Associated Press the phones have not been found.
In 2005, hackers gained access to Hilton's Sidekick cellphone and famously splashed the private mobile numbers of her celebrity friends online.
The latest loss apparently didn't leave Hilton cut off - she has been constantly tweeting since she arrived Sunday.
philippines, paris hilton, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse 31 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City Avenue
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse
31 min ago