Paris Hilton ex-beau seeks plea in Vegas drug case
LAS VEGAS - August 22, 2011 (WPVI) -- Paris Hilton's ex-boyfriend is taking a plea deal to settle criminal drug charges stemming from a Las Vegas Strip traffic stop with the celebrity socialite last year.
Cy Waits didn't appear in court Monday while his lawyer, Richard Schonfeld, told a Las Vegas judge the 35-year-old former nightclub mogul will enter his plea Wednesday.
Schonfeld said he couldn't disclose terms of the agreement ahead of time. Prosecutor L.J. O'Neale wasn't immediately available for comment.
Waits faces a felony charge of being under the influence of marijuana, and misdemeanor charges of marijuana possession and driving under the influence stemming from the August 2010 arrest on the Strip.
Hilton pleaded guilty last September to misdemeanor cocaine possession and obstruction charges stemming from the stop. She's serving a year of probation.
nevada, las vegas, paris hilton, drugs, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 2 min ago
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse 15 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff 19 min ago
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies 44 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad