Winehouse album becomes century's bestseller
LONDON (AP) - August 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- Amy Winehouse is still hitting music milestones after her untimely death last month.
Britain's Official Charts Company says Winehouse's Grammy-award winning "Back to Black" has become the best-selling album in the U.K. in the 21st century.
The company, which tracks music sales in the U.K., said Wednesday that "Back to Black" overtook James Blunt's 2005 debut album to claim the title this week.
Winehouse's second album had jumped to the No. 1 spot on the charts shortly after the soul singer was found dead in her London town house on July 23. An initial post-mortem failed to determine cause of death, and Winehouse's family said Tuesday that toxicology tests showed she had no illegal drugs in her system when she died.
An inquest into Winehouse's death begins in October.
amy winehouse, music, london, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday 33 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Milder Monday
33 min ago