Winehouse album becomes century's bestseller
LONDON (AP) - August 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- Amy Winehouse is still hitting music milestones after her untimely death last month.
Britain's Official Charts Company says Winehouse's Grammy-award winning "Back to Black" has become the best-selling album in the U.K. in the 21st century.
The company, which tracks music sales in the U.K., said Wednesday that "Back to Black" overtook James Blunt's 2005 debut album to claim the title this week.
Winehouse's second album had jumped to the No. 1 spot on the charts shortly after the soul singer was found dead in her London town house on July 23. An initial post-mortem failed to determine cause of death, and Winehouse's family said Tuesday that toxicology tests showed she had no illegal drugs in her system when she died.
An inquest into Winehouse's death begins in October.
amy winehouse, music, london, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 47 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 47 min ago
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County 24 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 16 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 42 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm