Winehouse album becomes century's bestseller
LONDON (AP) - August 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- Amy Winehouse is still hitting music milestones after her untimely death last month.
Britain's Official Charts Company says Winehouse's Grammy-award winning "Back to Black" has become the best-selling album in the U.K. in the 21st century.
The company, which tracks music sales in the U.K., said Wednesday that "Back to Black" overtook James Blunt's 2005 debut album to claim the title this week.
Winehouse's second album had jumped to the No. 1 spot on the charts shortly after the soul singer was found dead in her London town house on July 23. An initial post-mortem failed to determine cause of death, and Winehouse's family said Tuesday that toxicology tests showed she had no illegal drugs in her system when she died.
An inquest into Winehouse's death begins in October.
amy winehouse, music, london, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- School Closings & Delays
- Tracking More Snow 26 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man abducted, robbed and shot in Rhawnhurst 17 min ago
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Tracking More Snow
26 min ago
- Katherine Scott reports on the storm...
46 min ago
- John Rawlins reports from Cherry Hill on...
39 min ago
- Man abducted, robbed and shot in Rhawnhurst
17 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos