Paris Hilton's ex takes DUI plea deal in Vegas
LAS VEGAS (AP) - August 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- Paris Hilton's ex-boyfriend was fined $585 and ordered to stay out of trouble as he settled drug charges stemming from a Las Vegas Strip traffic stop with the celebrity socialite last year.
Cy Waits was sentenced after pleading no contest to misdemeanor driving under the influence of drugs. He emerged from a courtroom Wednesday saying he's glad to have the case behind him.
The 35-year-old former Las Vegas nightclub manager also declared his relationship with Hilton a "closed" chapter in his life.
Felony and misdemeanor drug charges were dropped.
Waits was arrested after a police officer reported a "vapor trail" of marijuana smoke wafting from a black Cadillac Escalade in August 2010.
Hilton was a passenger. She's on probation after pleading guilty last September to misdemeanor cocaine possession and obstruction charges.
paris hilton, DUI, las vegas, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Clouds, some sun, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover 30 min ago
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in local scam
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion