Sarah Jessica Parker prepares for Hurricane Irene
NEW YORK (AP) - August 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- Sarah Jessica Parker says she's "battening down the hatches" in preparation for Hurricane Irene.
The storm is expected to hit New York City Saturday.
While promoting her new comedy, "I Don't Know How She Does It," in New York on Thursday, the 46-year-old Manhattan mom said she's in full storm-preparedness mode.
The actress says she's removing anything that could fly through windows. She's also making sure she and her husband, actor Matthew Broderick; their 2-year-old twins, Loretta and Tabitha; and 8-year-old son, James Wilkie, are stocked up on water, flashlights and batteries.
"I Don't Know How She Does It" is based on the book by Allison Pearson. It is about a career-minded mom juggling a demanding job and the family she adores. It hits theaters Sept. 16.
sarah jessica parker, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Teen injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos