Sarah Jessica Parker prepares for Hurricane Irene
NEW YORK (AP) - August 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- Sarah Jessica Parker says she's "battening down the hatches" in preparation for Hurricane Irene.
The storm is expected to hit New York City Saturday.
While promoting her new comedy, "I Don't Know How She Does It," in New York on Thursday, the 46-year-old Manhattan mom said she's in full storm-preparedness mode.
The actress says she's removing anything that could fly through windows. She's also making sure she and her husband, actor Matthew Broderick; their 2-year-old twins, Loretta and Tabitha; and 8-year-old son, James Wilkie, are stocked up on water, flashlights and batteries.
"I Don't Know How She Does It" is based on the book by Allison Pearson. It is about a career-minded mom juggling a demanding job and the family she adores. It hits theaters Sept. 16.
sarah jessica parker, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 50 min ago
- Temps Soar 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 10 min ago
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
9 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila...
10 min ago