O'Neill's Walk of Fame star in front of shoe store
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (AP) - August 30, 2011 (WPVI) -- Ed O'Neill's new star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame would seem to be in an appropriate spot: in front of a DSW shoe store on Hollywood Boulevard.
O'Neill used to play shoe salesman Al Bundy on the long-running sitcom "Married With Children."
The Walk of Fame says the Emmy-nominated star of "Modern Family" will receive his sidewalk honor on Tuesday. The ceremony will feature his two TV wives, Sofia Vergara from "Modern," the current ABC hit, and Katey Sagal from "Married," which aired on Fox.
The 65-year-old O'Neill recently told The Vindicator, his hometown newspaper in Youngstown, Ohio, that he almost turned down the Walk of Fame star because he thought it was "kind of weird." But his daughter helped him see it was a point of pride.
modern family, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Winter Warm Up 33 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 4 min ago
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home 27 min ago
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco 15 min ago
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 28 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Winter Warm Up
33 min ago
- Schools, daycares introduce yoga for kids
42 min ago