Marc Anthony to ABC: Split not 'sensationalistic'
NEW YORK (AP) - August 31, 2011 (WPVI) -- Marc Anthony is setting the record straight on his breakup from Jennifer Lopez in an upcoming exclusive interview with ABC.
Anthony tells ABC's "Nightline" that the crumbling of their marriage "wasn't something sensationalistic."
Tabloids have claimed Anthony was unfaithful, but he says the truth is the union no longer worked. He also says the decision was mutual.
The pair announced their split in July after seven years of marriage. The couple has 3-year-old twins named Max and Emme.
Anthony says he wants to move forward with his life and career. He summarizes his situation as "not a funeral, not a burial."
Part of the interview will air on Thursday's "Good Morning America." The full interview will air Thursday night on ABC's "Nightline."
jennifer lopez, marc anthony, nightline, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- American U: lockdown lifted, suspect in custody 23 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 9 min ago
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash