Marc Anthony to ABC: Split not 'sensationalistic'
NEW YORK (AP) - August 31, 2011 (WPVI) -- Marc Anthony is setting the record straight on his breakup from Jennifer Lopez in an upcoming exclusive interview with ABC.
Anthony tells ABC's "Nightline" that the crumbling of their marriage "wasn't something sensationalistic."
Tabloids have claimed Anthony was unfaithful, but he says the truth is the union no longer worked. He also says the decision was mutual.
The pair announced their split in July after seven years of marriage. The couple has 3-year-old twins named Max and Emme.
Anthony says he wants to move forward with his life and career. He summarizes his situation as "not a funeral, not a burial."
Part of the interview will air on Thursday's "Good Morning America." The full interview will air Thursday night on ABC's "Nightline."
jennifer lopez, marc anthony, nightline, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ