Rihanna sues over leaks at $7 million LA-area home
LOS ANGELES (AP) -September 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- Rihanna is suing over a hillside home that she claims has serious structural defects that rendered in uninhabitable.
The pop singer on Wednesday sued Prudential California Realty and several companies that designed and inspected the home.
The "S&M" singer's lawsuit claims she would not have paid $6.9 million for the home in 2009 if she had known about the problems. She claims water leaked into several rooms of the house from a balcony that lacks the proper slope and drainage after a rainstorm in early 2010. The suit states the damage left the home "uninhabitable."
She claims Landmark Design Group, which remodeled the home, has failed to make necessary repairs.
Landmark could not be reached for comment. Prudential spokeswoman Wendy Durand says the company does not comment on pending lawsuits.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police