Lil Wayne's new CD sells 964,000 units in 1st week
NEW YORK (AP) -September 6, 2011 (WPVI) -- It wasn't quite "A Milli" but it was awful close: Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter IV" sold 964,000 in its debut week for the second-best first-week sales of the year.
The figures were released by Nielsen SoundScan on Tuesday.
Only Lady Gaga sold more this year. Her "Born This Way" hit No. 1 with 1.1 million sold thanks in part to a one-day offer from Amazon.com to buy the album for 99 cents.
Lil Wayne just barely missed his own sales record. "Tha Carter III" sold just over 1 million when it was released in 2008.
Lil Wayne made "Tha Carter IV" available for digital download immediately after an appearance on the MTV Video Music Awards, and released a physical CD two days later.
lil wayne, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Turning Milder 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 28 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 49 min ago
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Person injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 47 min ago
- Police in standoff at home in Uwchlan Twp. 51 min ago
- NJ Transit bus crashes into building, 9 injured 39 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 41 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Police in standoff at home in Uwchlan Twp.
51 min ago
- Person injured in incident on train tracks...
47 min ago
- Water pressure problems plague Trenton
21 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay...
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos